Mandatory Travel Waiver for Traveling Abroad
Prior to your departure you will be required to sign mandatory travel waivers. These waivers are to provide Niagara College information such as emergency contact, and other various contact information pieces. We encourage you and your family to review all waivers and understand them fully prior to signing.
Without this waiver you will not be able to go on your chosen study/work abroad experience. If you have any questions regarding waivers, please contact your logistics personnel. To download this waiver click the button below:
Sign up for Registration of Canadians Abroad (ROCA)
Registration of Canadians Abroad is a free service offered by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada that keeps you connected to Canada in case of an emergency abroad, such as an earthquake or civil unrest, or an emergency at home.
Whether you’re planning a vacation or living abroad, sign up in a few minutes or less.
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Niagara College does expect that all individuals participating in activities aboard gain the most out of their experiences. However, we also expect that this be gained in an appropriate and participatory manner.
Please review and understand the following code of conduct prior to departing for your travel destination:
- participate fully in all pre-departure training activities
- develop language, cross-cultural skills and independent learning skills as much as possible during pre-departure training
- complete all tasks assigned during the course
- work in cooperation with other members of the group/cohort to develop positive dynamics and build a successful group learning environment
- respect to all participants in the group
Activities while abroad that could result in an early departure back to Canada:
- violation of the laws, rules and regulations, or customs of the host country
- conduct that damages or destroys property
- behavior that gives the staff lead reasonable cause to believe that the continued presence of the student in the program constitutes a danger to the health or safety of themselves, or threatens the future viability of the program
- alcohol misuse or possession, use, or distribution of illegal drugs
- physical or sexual assault
For more information regarding the rights and responsibilities of students at Niagara College please click on the links below: